This policy is intended to help you to understand:
- What is ScanTrust
- What information we collect and use
- How we share information we collect
- Your right to access/control your information
- How we secure information we collect
- Other important privacy information
ScanTrust operates a platform which allows customers to label and track inventories using proprietary QR codes, and publishes the App which collects location and product information embedded in QR codes. ScanTrust also operates software based consumer engagement and loyalty solutions that connect product companies with users and purchasers of their products.
Information Collection and Use
When you register for our Services, you provide personal data about yourself that may include your name, email address, phone number, tax ID number, physical address, and other information that can directly identify you individually (collectively, “Personal Information”). If the Services include rights for multiple users (“Users”), we may collect Personal Information that they provide as well.
We also collect Personal Information if you provide it to us to receive newsletters or when requesting support, and we share that with our newsletter and customer support providers. Some of the data we collect is not Personal Information on its own, such as IP address or exact latitude and longitude coordinates, but where we can associate that information with other personal data (like your name or email address), we treat it as Personal Information.
We use Personal Information only to provide the Services to you and for the purposes for which you’ve provided it, such as to receive support or newsletters, and to enable your use of the App and the Site.
The Site, the Services and the App also collect anonymous information (collectively, “Anonymous Data”) which includes: (i) information the features of the Site, the Services and/or the Apps that you’ve used and the times when you’ve used them, along with cookie information (described below), (ii) information available from identifiers scanned with the App, the time of scans, and the number of times you use the App; and (iii) device information, such as device type, device identifiers (if available), and general location information (e.g. city or country), and (iv) general information such as language settings, operating system type; page views, the number of times the Site is visited, IP address, browser type and App version number. We may use and share Anonymous Data for any purpose.
If you use our Services, you or your Users may provide, and we may collect, information as agreed upon between you and ScanTrust in an agreement. Ownership and use of such information is as set forth in such agreement (each a “Platform Agreement”).
Cookies & Tracking
As noted above, (i) we may share Anonymous Data for any purpose; (ii) we may share Personal Information for the purpose of providing support; and (iii) we may share information as agreed upon by you in a Platform Agreement.
We do not rent, sell or share any Personal Information for any other purpose except as expressly agreed upon by you and in for the following circumstances:
- * As necessary, to identify, investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud or other abuse of the App and related service;
- * To respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- * In the event that we go through a business transaction, such as a merger, an acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be one of the transferred assets.
Your Data and Your Rights
If you are an EU resident and you have provided Personal Information to us for use with our Services or App, then you have the right to make a request to see the Personal Information that we retain. If you have provided Personal Information as part of a Platform Agreement, then you should first contact the party who has entered into the Platform Agreement with us, as they are the controller of that information and they have control over access to that data. If you would like to access your Personal Information, whether from us or via the Platform Agreement customers, then you can send us a request at email@example.com using the subject line "Subject Access Request.”.
You also each have the right to ask us to:
- provide you with the personal data that we hold about you so that you may transmit it to a third party, or for us to transmit it to a third party of their choice on your behalf.
- erase the data that we hold about you. If you’d would like to exercise this right to have your data erased from our systems, you’ll need to make a request using the subject line "Erase of Personal Data" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- rectify your data where any of it is found to be incorrect.
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal data. If they would like to exercise this right they'll need to make a request headed "Restriction of Personal Data" to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site or Service is directed to persons under 13. If we learn that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete such information.
Links to Third Party Sites
We may provide links and/or connections to third-party web sites or services from the Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites.
ScanTrust takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security through various hardware and software methodologies. However, we cannot ensure or warrant against all risks with regards to the security of that information, so information you choose to transmit to ScanTrust and which we store is provided to us at your own risk and ScanTrust does not guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
Do Not Track
Currently, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser features, but we may do so in the future as industry standards evolve.